When Newport Hospital closed in 1991, New London Hospital (NLH) and its Board of Trustees recognized the continuing need for primary care and additional services for the Newport community. To fill this need, we opened the Newport Health Center (NHC).
NHC offers convenient evening hours as well as same-day appointments.
To register for services at the Newport Health Center, download and complete the Newport Health Center registration packet (PDF).
Please refer to the following sections:
The following is a partial list of the services offered by Newport Health Center:
- Behavioral and mental health services
- Coumadin services
- EKG and stress tests
- Internal medicine
- Midwifery services
- Minor surgical procedures, including lesion care and wart removal
- Occupational health screening
- Pediatric care, including routine visits, immunizations, chronic illness care, and acute illness care
- Rehabilitation services
- Routine health care for all ages
- Social work services
- Sports medicine and therapy
- Women’s health care, including well-women exams, Pap smears, and other gynecological care services
- X-rays, mammography, and ultrasounds
Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Monday and Wednesday 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Monday through Friday (walk-in only), 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. The lab is closed 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm for lunch.