Our Community Health department at New London Hospital (NLH) collaborates with other respected organizations to improve the health and well-being of people throughout the Lake Sunapee Region. We support population health projects like assessment and planning and we also offer community health programs and initiatives.
Please refer to the following sections:
Community events and initiatives
- Health and Wellness Events: Learn about our upcoming health and wellness events.
We support the following initiatives in our region:
Tray it Forward
New London Hospital (NLH) in collaboration with Spring Ledge Farm, Colby-Sawyer College (CSC), Kearsarge Food Hub, and Kearsarge Neighborhood Partners formed Food Expansion, Education, Distribution Kearsarge (FEED Kearsarge). The team supports a Tray it Forward Program during the spring and summer months. The FEED Kearsarge group builds, plants, and maintains community Victory Gardens and distributes over 300 seedling trays to local food-insecure families and pantries in need. During the 15-week growing season, a weekly newsletter with tips for gardening and harvesting is emailed to participating families
Bike walk safety
NLH collaborates with the local Kearsarge Bike Walk Coalition to ensure and promote safe, active transportation within the Town of New London. Current projects include;
- A bike safety event for the Kearsarge Regional Elementary School (KRES) students with free bike helmet distribution and
- A needs assessment,
- A safe bike loop off Main Street from CSC to Hannafords, and crosswalk safety.
- Bike safety checks
- Signage throughout town highlighting safe distances for vehicles and bikes,
Substance use prevention
In 2019, NLH joined local police departments, schools, businesses, and parents to form the COMPASS Coalition. COMPASS Coalition invests in the health and wellbeing of local youth and adults to prevent and reduce substance misuse and addiction.
We provide and support community health services at NLH and in Sullivan county.
- The Department of Community Health at NLH works in collaboration with other respected organizations to improve the health and well-being of people throughout the Lake Sunapee Region.
- Sullivan County: NLH plays a leading role in the Sullivan County Public Health Network one of 13 regional public health networks in New Hampshire and in the Greater Sullivan County Public Health Advisory Council
For a list of resources in the community visit our Community Resources page where you will find information about resources for mental health, farm stands, emergency food supplies, family support, housing, and aging.