Building for Health, the New Newport Health Center.
The landscape that will be home to the new Newport Health Center continues to change with both demolition and construction taking place daily. Visit the Photo Gallery at www.newlondonhospital.org/buildingforhealth to see the demo pictures and check back regularly to watch this exciting project unfold.
The construction schedule continues to be on track with the following occurring;
• Bids continue to be awarded to various subcontractors.
• Installation of 260+ geopiers* is complete. They have been placed 12-20 feet deep into the ground as base for foundation to support new 2-story building. Foundation work begins this week.
• Underground drainage systems are currently being installed.
• Eversource is relocating electric poles/lines to the opposite side of Elm Street.
• Paving of the new temporary parking lot is underway.
Should you have questions about the Building for Health project, please contact Richard DiLalla at 526.5012.
* Geopier is a term used in engineering in which stiff rock columns are drilled deep into the earth’s surface, down to a hard non yielding depth. They are used to support a building foundation and reinforce the soil when the existing ground is unstable, wet or unsuitable for building construction.